Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the World Full of... series.
- #2: A World Full of Animal Stories: 50 folk tales and legends (World Full of... #2) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #3: A Stage Full of Shakespeare Stories: 12 Tales from the world's most famous playwright (World Full of... #3) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #4: A World Full of Spooky Stories: 50 Tales to Make Your Spine Tingle (World Full of... #4) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #5: A World Full of Dickens Stories: 8 best-loved classic tales retold for children (World Full of... #5) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #7: A Bedtime Full of Stories: 50 Folktales and Legends from Around the World (World Full of... #7) (Hardcover): $22.99
Celebrate your year from New Year’s Day to Christmas Eve with this treasury of 52 best-loved stories from around the world!
Turn the pages and get lost in a year full of stories as you journey around the world reading tale after tale to keep story time alive from one end of the year to the other. This rich resource collects together folk tales from home and legends and myths from distant lands to commemorate the changing seasons, cultural events and international festivals throughout the year.
The book is divided into 12 chapters, one for each month of the year, and throughout, stories are matched to internationally celebrated dates, including St. Patrick’s Day and the International Day of Friendship, as well as seasonal events and festivals.
Introduce the children in your life to rich cultural traditions from all over the globe, with stories like:
- King of the Forest, a Chinese story to celebrate Chinese New Year
- The Frog Prince, a German story to celebrate Valentine’s Day
- The Hare in the Moon, a Buddhist story to celebrate Vesak
- The Boots of Hunain, an Arabic story to celebrate Ramadan
- Jonah and the Whale, a Bible story to celebrate Yom Kippur
- How the Pine-tree Chief got his Name, an Iroquois story for Thanksgiving
- The Feast, an African story to celebrate Kwanza
The World Full of… series is a collection of beautiful hardcover story treasuries. Discover folktales from all around the world or be introduced to some of the world’s best-loved writers with these stunning gift books, the perfection addition to any child’s library.
Also available from the series: A World Full of Animal Stories, A Stage Full of Shakespeare Stories, A World Full of Dickens Stories, A World Full of Spooky Stories, A Year Full of Celebrations and Festivals, and A Bedtime Full of Stories.
About the Author
Angela McAllister took a degree in Humanities at Middlesex College before becoming a children's book author. To date, she has written more than 80 books for children, including Lincoln Children's best-selling titles A Year Full of Stories and A World Full of Animal Stories.
Christopher Corr is an established author/illustrator whose many books have won him international acclaim. He studied at the Royal College of Art, and now lives and works in London as an artist and tutor at Goldsmiths University.
“This attractive anthology will prove useful.”—Kirkus Reviews
"Notable for its beautiful illustrations.... Students will enjoy locating the tales on a calendar or arriving at their own treasured holiday."—School Library Journal
"an introduction that provides valuable insight into a number of cultures and will hopefully spur readers to seek out more."—Booklist