Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Pop Classics series.
- #1: Home Alone: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #1) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #2: The X-Files: Earth Children Are Weird: A Picture Book (Pop Classics #2) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #3: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #3) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #4: Back to the Future: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #4) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #6: The Karate Kid: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #6) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #7: Home Alone 2: Lost in New York: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #7) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #8: Doctor Who: The Runaway TARDIS (Pop Classics #8) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #9: Elf: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #9) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #10: School of Rock (Pop Classics #10) (Hardcover): $18.99
The cult classic TV show is now a charming picture book for the youngest fans in the Buffyverse!
In this new picture-book story brought to life with cute and colorful illustrations, young readers see what the world's strongest vampire slayer was like back when she was a kid! Join not-so-brave little Buffy, Willow, and Xander as they investigate strange sounds coming from the closet, seek advice from their school librarian Giles, and encounter everyone's favorite Buffyverse monsters. Charmingly illustrated by Pop Classics artist Kim Smith, this sweet, silly, and not-so-scary book borrows Joss Whedon's beloved characters to tell an endearing bedtime story.
About the Author
Kim Smith is the illustrator behind the Quirk Books Pop Classics series, including Home Alone, Home Alone 2, The X-Files: Earth Children Are Weird, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Back to the Future, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Karate Kid, and Doctor Who: The Runaway TARDIS. She has illustrated several other children’s books, including The Great Puppy Invasion (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2017), Builder Brothers: Big Plans (HarperCollins, 2018), and Boxitects (Clarion Books, 2020), her author/illustrator debut. Kim lives in Calgary, Alberta with her dog, Whisky, and husband, Eric. Visit her online at kimillustration.com.
“The most adorable version of Joss Whedon’s Sunnydale we’ve ever seen.”—Paste Magazine
“Joss Whedon's ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ jumps off the screen and onto the page in this action-packed picture book. . . . Illustrator Kim Smith’s characters are likeable and bright.”—Deseret News
“I was quickly won over by the charm of the writing and the awesome illustrations. Kim Smith's drawings have a distinctive style that imbues life into every single page.”—Sweety High
“An uplifting, sugar-sweet peek into the somewhat kinder world of baby Buffy, enriched with the purest magick of all: childhood.”—Sci-Fi Bulletin
“A twee, monsterful bedtime story.”—Book Riot
“This is a surefire way to get your youngsters into Buffy.”—Geeks of Doom
“Sure to inspire future slayers to take on the monsters in their closets.”—Kirkus Reviews
“Buffy the Vampire Slayer: A Picture Book is a great story for any child who wants to be empowered to face their fears, or who just wants a fun, not-too-spooky bedtime read!”—Rogues Portal
“Now that many of those who grew up watching 'Buffy' have kids of their own, why not share this treasure with those youngsters?”— Fredericksburg Free-Lance Star