Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Greetings from Somewhere series.
- #1: The Mystery of the Gold Coin (Greetings from Somewhere #1) (Paperback): $5.99
- #2: The Mystery of the Mosaic (Greetings from Somewhere #2) (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: The Mystery of the Stolen Painting (Greetings from Somewhere #3) (Paperback): $5.99
- #4: The Mystery in the Forbidden City (Greetings from Somewhere #4) (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: The Mystery of the Suspicious Spices (Greetings from Somewhere #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: The Mystery Across the Secret Bridge (Greetings from Somewhere #7) (Paperback): $5.99
- #8: The Mystery at the Coral Reef (Greetings from Somewhere #8) (Paperback): $5.99
- #9: The Mystery of the Icy Paw Prints (Greetings from Somewhere #9) (Paperback): $5.99
- #10: The Mystery of the Secret Society (Greetings from Somewhere #10) (Paperback): $5.99
Ethan and Ella search for lions on a safari in Kenya in the fifth book of Greetings from Somewhere, an exciting series about mystery, travel, and adventure.
Ethan, Ella, and their parents travel to the Maasai Mara in Kenya where they stay in a cabin and venture out on safaris every day in search of The Big Five game animals—the African elephant, the Cape buffalo, the leopard, the rhinoceros, and, of course, the lion. The kids are so excited when they see four of the five animals within the first few days, but where are the lions? Both Ethan and Ella could swear they’ve seen a lion’s tail poking out from behind a tree, but they cannot seem to find the animal itself!
Then, the twins talk to a boy and girl who live in the Maasai Mara. The locals give Ethan and Ella some clues about spotting lions. With a little help and some good detective work, the twins discover a whole lion family on their last day in Kenya!
With easy-to-read language and illustrations on almost every page, the Greetings from Somewhere chapter books are perfect for beginning readers.
About the Author
Harper Paris loves to travel. Her favorite cities in the world are Paris (like her name!) and New York City. She has collected many souvenirs on her travels, including a good-luck coin from Japan and a reindeer-horn pendant from Sweden. She also loves mysteries. When she was a kid, she read Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books after bedtime with a flashlight. She now lives with her family (including two cats and a bunny, who are not good travelers) in Ithaca, New York.
Marcos Calo has worked as a professional artist for more than fourteen years. He has worked in different fields including illustration, animation, and comic books. He lives with his wife and daughter in A Coruña, a small Spanish town by the seaside.