Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Agent Pendergast Series series.
- #3: The Cabinet of Curiosities: A Novel (Agent Pendergast Series #3) (Hardcover): $32.10
- #4: Still Life with Crows (Agent Pendergast Series #4) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #5: Brimstone (Agent Pendergast Series #5) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #6: Dance of Death (Agent Pendergast Series #6) (Large Print / Hardcover): $40.66
- #7: The Book of the Dead (Agent Pendergast series #7) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #8: The Wheel of Darkness (Agent Pendergast Series #8) (Mass Market): $11.70
- #10: Fever Dream (Agent Pendergast series #10) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #11: Cold Vengeance (Agent Pendergast Series #11) (Large Print / Hardcover): $38.52
- #12: Two Graves (Agent Pendergast Series #12) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #13: White Fire (Agent Pendergast Series #13) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #14: Blue Labyrinth (Agent Pendergast Series #14) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #15: Crimson Shore (Agent Pendergast Series #15) (Hardcover): $31.59
- #16: The Obsidian Chamber (Agent Pendergast series #16) (Mass Market): $11.69
- #17: City of Endless Night (Agent Pendergast series #17) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #18: Verses for the Dead (Agent Pendergast series #18) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #19: Crooked River (Agent Pendergast Series #19) (Mass Market): $9.99
Pendergast, the world's most mysterious FBI Special Agent, investigates a murderous cult in New York City that no one has ever survived.
William Smithback, a New York Times reporter, and his wife Nora Kelly, a Museum of Natural History archaeologist, are brutally attacked in their apartment on Manhattan's Upper West Side. Eyewitnesses claim, and the security camera confirms, that the assailant was their strange, sinister neighbor--a man who, by all reports, was already dead and buried weeks earlier.
While Captain Laura Hayward leads the official investigation, Pendergast and Lieutenant Vincent D'Agosta undertake their own private--and decidedly unorthodox--quest for the truth. Their serpentine journey takes them to an enclave of Manhattan they never imagined could exist: a secretive, reclusive cult of Obeah and vodou which no outsiders have ever survived.
About the Author
The thrillers of Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child "stand head and shoulders above their rivals" (Publishers Weekly). Preston and Child's Relic and The Cabinet of Curiosities were chosen by readers in a National Public Radio poll as being among the one hundred greatest thrillers ever written, and Relic was made into a number-one box office hit movie. They are coauthors of the famed Pendergast series and their recent novels include Fever Dream, Cold Vengeance, Two Graves, and Gideon's Corpse. In addition to his novels, Preston writes about archaeology for the New Yorker and Smithsonian magazines. Lincoln Child is a former book editor who has published five novels of his own, including the huge bestseller Deep Storm.
Readers can sign up for The Pendergast File, a monthly "strangely entertaining note" from the authors, at their website, www.PrestonChild.com. The authors welcome visitors to their alarmingly active Facebook page, where they post regularly.
"[A] suspenseful tale of urban terror...this taut page-turner can only add to the authors' growing fan base."—Publishers Weekly
"A page-turner...plenty of action and a cast of truly odd characters...thoroughly enjoyable."—Times Record News
"A top-notch action packed, high-octane thriller that takes the reader on an incredible literary roller-coaster ride... enough unexpected plot twists and turns to satisfy even the most jaded reader. With narrow escapes galore...This book offers compelling, page-turning, tense suspense."—Lansing State Journal