Other Books in Series
This is book number 16 in the Agent Pendergast Series series.
- #3: The Cabinet of Curiosities: A Novel (Agent Pendergast Series #3) (Hardcover): $32.10
- #4: Still Life with Crows (Agent Pendergast Series #4) (Hardcover): $32.10
- #5: Brimstone (Agent Pendergast Series #5) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #6: Dance of Death (Agent Pendergast Series #6) (Large Print / Hardcover): $40.66
- #7: The Book of the Dead (Agent Pendergast Series #7) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #8: The Wheel of Darkness (Agent Pendergast Series #8) (Large Print / Hardcover): $39.59
- #9: Cemetery Dance (Agent Pendergast Series #9) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #10: Fever Dream (Agent Pendergast Series #10) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #11: Cold Vengeance (Agent Pendergast Series #11) (Large Print / Hardcover): $38.52
- #12: Two Graves (Agent Pendergast Series #12) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #13: White Fire (Agent Pendergast Series #13) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #14: Blue Labyrinth (Agent Pendergast Series #14) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #15: Crimson Shore (Agent Pendergast Series #15) (Mass Market): $11.69
- #17: City of Endless Night (Agent Pendergast Series #17) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #18: Verses for the Dead (Agent Pendergast Series #18) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #19: Crooked River (Agent Pendergast Series #19) (Paperback): $16.99
After a harrowing, otherworldly confrontation on the shores of Exmouth, Massachusetts, Special Agent A.X.L. Pendergast is missing, presumed dead.
A SHOCKING RETURN
Sick with grief, Pendergast's ward, Constance, retreats to her chambers beneath the family mansion at 891 Riverside Drive--only to be taken captive by a shadowy figure from the past.
AN INTERNATIONAL MANHUNT
Proctor, Pendergast's longtime bodyguard, springs to action, chasing Constance's kidnapper through cities, across oceans, and into wastelands unknown.
BUT IN A WORLD OF BLACK AND WHITE, NOTHING IS AS IT SEEMS
And by the time Proctor discovers the truth, a terrifying engine has stirred-and it may already be too late . . .
About the Author
The thrillers of Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child "stand head and shoulders above their rivals" (Publishers Weekly). Preston and Child's Relic and The Cabinet of Curiosities were chosen by readers in a National Public Radio poll as being among the one hundred greatest thrillers ever written, and Relic was made into a number-one box office hit movie. They are coauthors of the famed Pendergast series and their recent novels include Fever Dream, Cold Vengeance, Two Graves, and Gideon's Corpse. In addition to his novels, Preston writes about archaeology for the New Yorker and Smithsonian magazines. Lincoln Child is a former book editor who has published five novels of his own, including the huge bestseller Deep Storm.
Readers can sign up for The Pendergast File, a monthly "strangely entertaining note" from the authors, at their website, www.PrestonChild.com. The authors welcome visitors to their alarmingly active Facebook page, where they post regularly.
"The latest novel in Preston & Child's Pendergast series picks up from the cliffhanger-ending of CRIMSON SHORE and doesn't let up. The authors keep readers guessing... The crisp writing and exemplary stories are still in abundance in this consistently exciting and never predictable series."—Jeff Ayers, Associated Press
"As any reader of suspense knows, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child write a series of books featuring one of the best characters in the history of suspense literature: Aloysius Pendergast. [THE OBSIDIAN CHAMBER is] an excellent story by these two unbelievably talented authors. A page-turner, a deluxe suspense, a perfect mystery--Preston & Child remain the best of the best and never let their huge fan base down!"—Suspense Magazine
"Rivetingly superb ... great fun ... thriller-writing of the highest order. A lavish, brilliantly conceived puzzle that pieces together neo-gothic plotting with splendidly rich tones."—Jon Land, Providence Journal
"Keep[s] the excitement meter pegged ... Action-adventure with a macabre, sometimes-fantastical flair."—Kirkus Reviews
"It's like Christmas for lovers of suspense when the words Preston & Child once again appear on a book cover. It's a truly great Christmas when the main character of that novel is Aloysius X.L. Pendergast. For those who have read these books voraciously, it's not a surprise to learn that this latest tale is one that will keep you riveted until the very end...Preston & Child continue to make these books the absolute best there is in the suspense realm."—Suspense Magazine on Crimson Shore
"New readers will be hooked...Die-hard fans will add this to their must-read lists."—Library Journal (Starred Review) of Crimson Shore - November 2015 LibraryReads Pick
"Fast-moving, sophisticated and bursting with surprises... If you're willing to surrender to Preston and Child's fiendish imaginations, you might devour the Pendergast books the way kids do Halloween candy...There's nothing else like them."—The Washington Post on Blue Labyrinth
"Preston & Child once again bring A.X.L. Pendergast to life and offer up a host of thrills, heart-pumping action, and an intricate plot that pits a vengeful killer against (still) the most interesting character in fiction."—Suspense Magazine on Blue Labyrinth
"These dynamic authors' best thriller to date."—White Fire was one of Library Journal's Top 10 Thrillers of 2013
"The best Pendergast book yet - a collision between past and present that will leave you breathless."—Lee Child on White Fire
"A mile-a-minute thriller with a deeply entertaining plot and marvelous characters, in a setting that will chill your blood, and not only because it's 10 degrees below zero and covered with snow. My copy is full of crumbs because I couldn't put it down long enough to eat."—Diana Gabaldon on White Fire