Other Books in Series
This is book number 13 in the Cotton Malone series.
- #1: The Templar Legacy: A Novel (Cotton Malone #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: The Alexandria Link: A Novel (Cotton Malone #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: The Venetian Betrayal (Cotton Malone #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: The Charlemagne Pursuit: A Novel (Cotton Malone #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Paris Vendetta: A Novel (Cotton Malone #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: The Emperor's Tomb (with bonus short story The Balkan Escape): A Novel (Cotton Malone #6) (Paperback): $11.69
- #7: The Jefferson Key (with bonus short story The Devil's Gold): A Novel (Cotton Malone #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The King's Deception: A Novel (Cotton Malone #8) (Paperback): $11.69
- #9: The Lincoln Myth: A Novel (Cotton Malone #9) (Paperback): $11.69
- #10: The Patriot Threat: A Novel (Cotton Malone #10) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #11: The 14th Colony: A Novel (Cotton Malone #11) (Paperback): $18.71
- #12: The Lost Order: A Novel (Cotton Malone #12) (Paperback): $16.99
- #14: The Malta Exchange: A Novel (Cotton Malone #14) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #15: The Warsaw Protocol: A Novel (Cotton Malone #15) (Hardcover): $28.99
- #16: The Kaiser's Web (Cotton Malone #16) (Hardcover): $28.99
The Bishop’s Pawn continues renowned New York Times top 5 bestseller Steve Berry’s Cotton Malone series with another riveting, history-based thriller.
History notes that the ugly feud between J. Edgar Hoover and Martin Luther King, Jr., marked by years of illegal surveillance and the accumulation of secret files, ended on April 4, 1968 when King was assassinated by James Earl Ray. But that may not have been the case.
Now, fifty years later, former Justice Department agent, Cotton Malone, must reckon with the truth of what really happened that fateful day in Memphis.
It all turns on an incident from eighteen years ago, when Malone, as a young Navy lawyer, is trying hard not to live up to his burgeoning reputation as a maverick. When Stephanie Nelle, a high-level Justice Department lawyer, enlists him to help with an investigation, he jumps at the opportunity. But he soon discovers that two opposing forces—the Justice Department and the FBI—are at war over a rare coin and a cadre of secret files containing explosive revelations about the King assassination, information that could ruin innocent lives and threaten the legacy of the civil rights movement’s greatest martyr.
Malone’s decision to see it through to the end —— from the raucous bars of Mexico, to the clear waters of the Dry Tortugas, and ultimately into the halls of power within Washington D.C. itself —— not only changes his own life, but the course of history.
Steve Berry always mines the lost riches of history —— in The Bishop's Pawn he imagines a gripping, provocative thriller about an American icon.
About the Author
STEVE BERRY is the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author of fifteen Cotton Malone novels, four stand alones, and several works of short fiction. He has 25 million books in print, translated into 40 languages. With his wife, Elizabeth, he is the founder of History Matters, which is dedicated to historical preservation. He serves as an emeritus member of the Smithsonian Libraries Advisory Board and was a founding member of International Thriller Writers, formerly serving as its co-president.