Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the A Bakeshop Mystery series.
- #1: Meet Your Baker: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: A Batter of Life and Death: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: On Thin Icing: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #4: Caught Bread Handed: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: Fudge and Jury (A Bakeshop Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #7: Another One Bites the Crust: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #8: Till Death Do Us Tart: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Live and Let Pie: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: A Cup of Holiday Fear: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: Nothing Bundt Trouble: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #12: Chilled to the Cone: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
Torte—everybody’s favorite small-town family bakeshop—is headed for the high seas, where murder is about to make a splash. . .
Jules Capshaw is trying to keep her cool as Torte gets set to make its transformation from quaint, local confectionary café to royal pastry palace. Meanwhile, Jules’s estranged husband Carlos is making a desperate plea for her to come aboard his cruise ship and dazzle everyone with her signature sweets. She may be skeptical about returning to her former nautical life with Carlos but Jules can’t resist an all-expense-paid trip, either. If only she knew that a dead body would find its way onto the itinerary . .
“A warm and inviting atmosphere, friendly and likable main characters, and a nasty murder mystery to solve!” —Fresh Fiction
Now, instead of enjoying tropical drinks on deck between whipping up batches of sea-salted chocolates and flambéing fresh pineapple slices in the kitchen, Jules is plunged into dangerous waters. Her investigation leaves her with more questions than answers: Why can’t anyone on board identify the young woman? And how can she help Carlos keep passengers at ease with a killer in their midst? Jules feels like she’s ready to jump ship. Can she solve this case without getting in too deep?
“A perfect mix for fans of Jenn McKinlay, Leslie Budewitz, or Jessica Beck.”
About the Author
ELLIE ALEXANDER is a Pacific Northwest native who spends ample time testing pastry recipes in her home kitchen or at one of the many famed coffeehouses nearby. When she's not coated in flour, you'll find her outside exploring hiking trails and trying to burn off calories consumed in the name of research. She is the author of the Bakeshop Mysteries, including Meet Your Baker and A Batter of Life and Death, as well as the Sloan Krause mysteries.
"Marvelous... All the elements I love in a cozy mystery are there-a warm and inviting atmosphere, friendly and likable main characters, and a nasty murder mystery to solve... I highly recommend MEET YOUR BAKER and look forward to reading the next book in this new series!" —Fresh Fiction
"This debut culinary mystery is a light soufflé of a book (with recipes) that makes a perfect mix for fans of Jenna McKinley, Leslie Budewitz, or Jessica Beck." —Library Journal on Meet Your Baker
"This delicious debut mixes a quaint bakeshop in Oregon, an eclectic community of artists and a diabolical murder. Delicious pastries and food are a focus of this fast-paced mystery... Plenty of red herrings will keep readers guessing until the very end." —RT Book Reviews (4 stars) on Meet Your Baker