Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Cotton Malone series.
- #1: The Templar Legacy: A Novel (Cotton Malone #1) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #2: The Alexandria Link: A Novel (Cotton Malone #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: The Venetian Betrayal (Cotton Malone #3) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #4: The Charlemagne Pursuit: A Novel (Cotton Malone #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Paris Vendetta: A Novel (Cotton Malone #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: The Emperor's Tomb (with bonus short story The Balkan Escape): A Novel (Cotton Malone #6) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #7: The Jefferson Key (with bonus short story The Devil's Gold): A Novel (Cotton Malone #7) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #8: The King's Deception: A Novel (Cotton Malone #8) (Paperback): $11.69
- #9: The Lincoln Myth: A Novel (Cotton Malone #9) (Paperback): $11.69
- #11: The 14th Colony: A Novel (Cotton Malone #11) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #12: The Lost Order: A Novel (Cotton Malone #12) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #13: The Bishop's Pawn: A Novel (Cotton Malone #13) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #14: The Malta Exchange: A Novel (Cotton Malone #14) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #15: The Warsaw Protocol: A Novel (Cotton Malone #15) (Hardcover): $28.99
The history of America's income-tax law can be found in the 16th Amendment to the Constitution. But someone has unearthed a secret that calls that law into question. Now it's up to Cotton Malone to learn the truth. . .
Once a member of an elite intelligence division within the Justice Department, Malone is now a retired bookshop owner in Denmark. But when his former boss, Stephanie Nelle, asks him to track a rogue North Korean who may have acquired some top secret Treasury Department files-the kind that could bring the United States to its knees-Malone is vaulted into a harrowing twenty-four-hour chase that begins on the canals in Venice and ends in the remote highlands of Croatia.
"Loaded with action, character sketches, [and] fascinating history...along the lines of The Da Vinci Code."-Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
With appearances by Franklin Roosevelt, Andrew Mellon, a curious painting that still hangs in the National Gallery of Art, and some eye-opening revelations about the dollar bill, Malone's high-stakes investigation will ultimately beg the question: What if the federal income tax is illegal? Now it's up to him to find the answer-at all costs.
"One of Berry's best books to date."-The New York Times
This edition of the book is the deluxe, tall rack mass market paperback.
About the Author
Steve Berry is the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author of the Cotton Malone novels (The Bishop's Pawn, The Malta Exchange), among other books, and several works of short fiction. He has 25 million books in print, translated into 40 languages.
With his wife, Elizabeth, he is the founder of History Matters, which is dedicated to historical preservation. He serves as an emeritus member of the Smithsonian Libraries Advisory Board and was a founding member of International Thriller Writers, formerly serving as its co-president.
“One of Berry's best books to date.” —The New York Times
“Steve Berry is a master at weaving together historical details with fiction to create a spellbinding thriller...Suspenseful, entertaining and thought provoking. As usual, Berry’s writing is smooth, the plot well thought out, and the characters realistic. Another winner from Steve Berry.” —The Providence Journal
“Cotton Malone is once again thrown into the midst of fast-paced international threats. The history in this novel is intriguing, even to non-history buffs.” —RT Book Reviews (4 stars)
“A fast-paced and entertaining traditional thriller along the lines of The Da Vinci Code. [The Patriot Threat is] loaded with action, character sketches, fascinating history and Mr. Berry’s liberal use of poetic license.” —The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette