Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the A Bakeshop Mystery series.
- #2: A Batter of Life and Death: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: On Thin Icing: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #4: Caught Bread Handed: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: Fudge and Jury (A Bakeshop Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: A Crime of Passion Fruit: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #7: Another One Bites the Crust: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #8: Till Death Do Us Tart: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Live and Let Pie: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: A Cup of Holiday Fear: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: Nothing Bundt Trouble: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #12: Chilled to the Cone: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
Welcome to Torte-a friendly, small-town family bake shop where the treats are so good that, sometimes, it's criminal...
After graduating from culinary school, Juliet Capshaw returns to her quaint hometown of Ashland, Oregon, to heal a broken heart and help her mom at the family bakery. The Oregon Shakespeare Festival is bringing in lots of tourists looking for some crumpets to go with their heroic couplets. But when one of Torte's customers turns up dead, there's much ado about murder...
The victim is Nancy Hudson, the festival's newest board member. A modern-day Lady Macbeth, Nancy has given more than a few actors and artists enough reasons to kill her...but still. The silver lining? Jules's high school sweetheart, Thomas, is the investigator on the case. His flirtations are as delicious as ever, and Jules can't help but want to have her cake and eat it too. But will she have her just desserts? Murder might be bad for business, but love is the sweetest treat of all...
About the Author
ELLIE ALEXANDER is a Pacific Northwest native who spends ample time testing pastry recipes in her home kitchen or at one of the many famed coffeehouses nearby. When she's not coated in flour, you'll find her outside exploring hiking trails and trying to burn off calories consumed in the name of research. She is the author of the Bakeshop Mysteries, including Meet Your Baker and A Batter of Life and Death, as well as the Sloan Krause mysteries. You can find her on Facebook to learn more!
“This debut culinary mystery is a light soufflé of a book (with recipes) that makes a perfect mix for fans of Jenna McKinley, Leslie Budewitz, or Jessica Beck.” —Library Journal
“Alexander weaves a tasty tale of deceit, family ties, delicious pastries, and murder against a backdrop of Shakespeare and Oregon aflame. Meet Your Baker starts off a promising new series.” —Edith Maxwell, author of A Tine to Live, A Tine to Die
“With its likable characters, tightly plotted storyline, and innovative culinary tips, Meet Your Baker is sure to satisfy both dedicated foodies and ardent mystery lovers alike.” —Jessie Crockett, author of Drizzled with Death