Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the World Full of... series.
- #1: A Year Full of Stories: 52 classic stories from all around the world (World Full of... #1) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #2: A World Full of Animal Stories: 50 folk tales and legends (World Full of... #2) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #3: A Stage Full of Shakespeare Stories: 12 Tales from the world's most famous playwright (World Full of... #3) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #4: A World Full of Spooky Stories: 50 Tales to Make Your Spine Tingle (World Full of... #4) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #5: A World Full of Dickens Stories: 8 best-loved classic tales retold for children (World Full of... #5) (Hardcover): $22.99
Look forward to bedtime with this richly illustrated treasury of 50 bedtime stories from around the world, each the perfect length to read aloud.
There’s always time for a bedtime story, so snuggle up and get ready to drift off to the land of nod with this collection of magical tales that includes both well-known classics and lesser-known treasures from Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and Oceania, North America, the Middle East and Latin America.
These folktales and legends, accompanied by enchanting and dream-like illustrations, are each the perfect length for a bedtime story, and will transport children around the world as well as into fantasy lands.
- The Emperor’s New Clothes – Denmark
- The Bag of Winds – Greece
- How Cheetah Got His Speed – South Africa
- The Moon Maiden – Japan
- The Star Hunt – New Zealand
- The Crow and the Daylight – North America
- Aladdin – Syria
- The Three Dreams – Guatemala
The World Full of… series is a collection of beautiful hardback story treasuries. Discover folktales from all around the world or be introduced to some of the world’s best-loved writers with these stunning gift books, the perfection addition to any child’s library.
Also available from the series: A Year Full of Stories, A World Full of Animal Stories, A Stage Full of Shakespeare Stories, A World Full of Dickens Stories, A World Full of Spooky Stories, A Year Full of Celebrations and Festivals, A World Full of Journeys and A World Full of Nature Stories.
About the Author
Angela McAllister is the author of over 80 books for children and teens. Her books have won several awards, including the Red House Book Award for Yuck! That's Not a Monster! and the Stockport and Portsmouth Awards for My Mum has X-Ray Vision. Her picture book Leon and the Place Between has been adapted for the stage and was shortlisted for the Kate Greenaway Award. She has collaborated with many illustrators, including Grahame Baker-Smith, Alex T. Smith, Margaret Chamberlain, Ross Collins, and Peter Bailey. She has worked on many titles for Frances Lincoln Children’s Books including best-selling titles A Year Full of Stories and A World Full of Animal Stories.
Anna Shepeta is an illustrator, painter, and ceramist originally from Crimea and based in Moscow, Russia. Her artwork is inspired by fairy tales, Scandinavian patterns, Baltic storytelling, and Russian folklore.