Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the World Full of... series.
- #1: A Year Full of Stories: 52 classic stories from all around the world (World Full of... #1) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #2: A World Full of Animal Stories: 50 folk tales and legends (World Full of... #2) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #3: A Stage Full of Shakespeare Stories: 12 Tales from the world's most famous playwright (World Full of... #3) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #4: A World Full of Spooky Stories: 50 Tales to Make Your Spine Tingle (World Full of... #4) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #7: A Bedtime Full of Stories: 50 Folktales and Legends from Around the World (World Full of... #7) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #9: A World Full of Nature Stories: 50 Folktales and Legends (World Full of... #9) (Hardcover): $24.99
Uncover the stories from one of the greatest-novelists of all time in this beautiful anthology of tales from Charles Dickens, rewritten and adapted in an accessible way for children.
This book introduces children to eight of Dickens’ greatest works, accompanied by beautiful, colorful illustrations that breathe new life into these timeless classics. Includes favorites such as Oliver Twist, A Christmas Carol, David Copperfield, and Great Expectations. A timeline at the back shows when each story was written, and gives facts about Dickens’ life.
Revisit your favorite Dickens stories and introduce his legacy to next generation of readers with this beautiful first introduction to some of the greatest stories all time. Includes:
- Oliver Twist
- The Old Curiosity Shop
- David Copperfield
- Great Expectations
- Hard Times
- A Christmas Carol
- Nicholas Nickleby
- Tale of Two Cities
Also available from the series: A Year Full of Stories, A World Full of Animal Stories, A Stage Full of Shakespeare Stories, A World Full of Spooky Stories, A Year Full of Celebrations and Festivals, and A Bedtime Full of Stories.
About the Author
Angela McAllister is the author of over 80 books for children and teens. Her books have won several awards, including the Red House Book Award for Yuck! That's Not a Monster! and the Stockport and Portsmouth Awards for My Mum has X-Ray Vision. Her picture book Leon and the Place Between has been adapted for the stage and was shortlisted for the Kate Greenaway Award. She has collaborated with many illustrators, including Grahame Baker-Smith, Alex T. Smith, Margaret Chamberlain, Ross Collins, and Peter Bailey. She has worked on many titles for Frances Lincoln Children’s Books including best-selling titles A Year Full of Stories and A World Full of Animal Stories.
Jannicke Hansen is an illustrator who lives and works on the coast of Norway. She graduated from the Bergen Academy of Art and Design in 2016 and loves to experiment with different mediums. She loves folktales, books and coffee and lives happily surrounded by both!