Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the A Virgil Flowers Novel series.
- #1: Dark of the Moon (A Virgil Flowers Novel #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Heat Lightning (A Virgil Flowers Novel #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Rough Country (A Virgil Flowers Novel #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Bad Blood (A Virgil Flowers Novel #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Shock Wave (A Virgil Flowers Novel #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Mad River (A Virgil Flowers Novel #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: Storm Front (A Virgil Flowers Novel #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: Deadline: A Virgil Flowers Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: Escape Clause (A Virgil Flowers Novel #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: Deep Freeze (A Virgil Flowers Novel #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: Holy Ghost (A Virgil Flowers Novel #11) (Paperback): $9.99
Virgil Flowers will have to watch his back--and his mouth--as he investigates a college culture war turned deadly in another one of Sandford's "madly entertaining Virgil Flowers mysteries" (The New York Times Book Review).
At the local state university, two feuding departments have faced off on the battleground of science and medicine. Each carries their views to extremes that may seem absurd, but highly educated people of sound mind and good intentions can reasonably disagree, right?
Then a renowned and confrontational scholar winds up dead, and Virgil Flowers is brought in to investigate . . . and as he probes the recent ideological unrest, he soon comes to realize he's dealing with people who, on this one particular issue, are functionally crazy. Among this group of wildly impassioned, diametrically opposed zealots lurks a killer, and it will be up to Virgil to sort the murderer from the mere maniacs.
About the Author
John Sandford is the pseudonym for the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist John Camp. He is the author of twenty-nine Prey novels; four Kidd novels; twelve Virgil Flowers novels; three YA novels coauthored with his wife, Michele Cook; and three other books.
“[A] smartly plotted mystery.”—New York Times Book Review
More Praise for Bloody Genius
“Sandford is a terrific storyteller who can spin an intriguing tale without having to fill it with death-defying mayhem. . . Armchair sleuths who are intent on solving the crime for themselves will need to be on their toes.”—Minneapolis Star Tribune
“Compulsively readable. . . Readers who like a bit of unrepentant wiseass in their sleuths will find Flowers fits the bill. Sandford makes blending humor and mystery look easy.”—Publishers Weekly
“Flowers remains one of the great modern fictional detectives, and Sandford, as always, supplies amazing secondary characters, sharp dialogue, and plots that confound and amaze. A near-perfect crime novel.”—Booklist (starred review)
“[A] fast-paced, intensifying adventure. As always, the investigation is intricately plotted, while details of Flowers's family life are included for fans of the character. . .
The irreverent humor and language is perfect for the unconventional law officer in the darkly entertaining series.”—Library Journal (starred review)
“[Sandford] appears to have no shortage of story ideas. More impressively, he continues to execute them brilliantly. . . Another dazzling whodunit.”—The Real Book Spy
“Steadily absorbing revelations of all manner of malfeasance, beautifully handled.”—Kirkus Reviews