Other Books in Series
- #1: On What Grounds (A Coffeehouse Mystery #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Latte Trouble (A Coffeehouse Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $9.35
- #10: Murder by Mocha (A Coffeehouse Mystery #10) (Mass Market): $9.35
- #13: Billionaire Blend (A Coffeehouse Mystery #13) (Mass Market): $9.35
- #14: Once Upon a Grind (A Coffeehouse Mystery #14) (Mass Market): $9.35
- #15: Dead to the Last Drop (A Coffeehouse Mystery #15) (Hardcover): $31.53
- #16: Dead Cold Brew (A Coffeehouse Mystery #16) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #17: Shot in the Dark (A Coffeehouse Mystery #17) (Hardcover): $27.00
- #18: Brewed Awakening (A Coffeehouse Mystery #18) (Hardcover): $27.00
From Cleo Coyle, the New York Times bestselling author of Dead Cold Brew, comes a delicious new entry in the "fun and gripping" (The Huffington Post) Coffeehouse Mystery series.
A smartphone dating game turns the Village Blend into a hookup hotspot--until a gunshot turns the landmark coffeehouse into a crime scene.
As Village Blend manager Clare Cosi fixes a date for her wedding, her ex-husband is making dates through smartphone swipes. Clare has mixed feelings about these match-ups happening in her coffeehouse. Even her octogenarian employer is selecting suitors by screenshot! But business is booming, and Clare works hard to keep the espresso shots flowing. Then one night, another kind of shot leaves a dead body for her to find.
The corpse is an entrepreneur who used dating apps with reckless abandon--breaking hearts along the way. The NYPD quickly arrests one of the heartbreaker's recent conquests. But the suspect's sister tearfully swears her sibling was framed. Clare not only finds reason to believe it, she fears the real killer will strike again.
Now Clare is "swiping" through suspects in her own shop--with the help of her globetrotting ex-husband, a man who's spent his life hunting for coffee and women. Together they're determined to find justice before another shot rings out.
About the Author
Cleo Coyle is a pseudonym for Alice Alfonsi, writing in collaboration with her husband, Marc Cerasini. Both are New York Times bestselling authors of the Coffeehouse mysteries. Alice and Marc are also bestselling media tie-in writers who have penned properties for Lucasfilm, NBC, Fox, Disney, Imagine, and MGM.
Praise for Shot in the Dark
"A gripping and entertaining mystery"--Library Journal (Starred Review)
Library Journal's "Mystery Pick of the Month"
"Sure to delight old fans and garner new ones"--Publishers Weekly
Praise for the Coffeehouse Mysteries
“A delicious mystery!”—Woman’s World
“Fun and gripping.”—The Huffington Post
“Mix[es] clever and intricate plots with a regular cast of characters who become more enjoyable with every episode.”—Booklist
“Among the best of the foodie/cozy mystery genre.”—Fresh Fiction
“Clare and company are some of the most vibrant characters I’ve ever read.”—Mystery Scene