Other Books in Series
This is book number 16 in the A Coffeehouse Mystery series.
- #1: On What Grounds (A Coffeehouse Mystery #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Latte Trouble (A Coffeehouse Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $9.35
- #10: Murder by Mocha (A Coffeehouse Mystery #10) (Mass Market): $9.35
- #13: Billionaire Blend (A Coffeehouse Mystery #13) (Mass Market): $9.35
- #14: Once Upon a Grind (A Coffeehouse Mystery #14) (Mass Market): $9.35
- #15: Dead to the Last Drop (A Coffeehouse Mystery #15) (Hardcover): $31.53
- #17: Shot in the Dark (A Coffeehouse Mystery #17) (Hardcover): $27.00
- #18: Brewed Awakening (A Coffeehouse Mystery #18) (Hardcover): $27.00
The perfect proposal leads to a chilling cold case in this novel in the New York Times bestselling Coffeehouse Mystery series.
After everything Clare and her NYPD detective boyfriend have been through, they deserve a little bit of happily ever after. But while Mike's marriage proposal to Clare is steeped in perfection, the celebration of their engagement is not long lived.
First, a grim-faced attorney interrupts their party with a mysterious letter bequeathing a hidden treasure to Clare's daughter. Next, the world-famous jeweler who designed Clare's ring is found poisoned in his shop. Both events appear to be connected to a cold case murder involving a sunken ship, an Italian curse, a charming jewel thief, and a shocking family secret. With deadly trouble brewing, Clare must track down clues in some of New York's most secret places before an old vendetta produces fresh corpses.
With recipes to die for, including how to make cold-brew coffee at home!
About the Author
Cleo Coyle is a pseudonym for Alice Alfonsi, writing in collaboration with her husband, Marc Cerasini. Both are New York Times bestselling authors of the Coffeehouse Mysteries—now celebrating more than ten years in print. As Alice Kimberly, they also write the nationally bestselling Haunted Bookshop Mysteries. Alice has worked as a journalist in Washington, D.C., and New York, and has written popular fiction for adults and children. A former magazine editor, Marc has authored espionage thrillers and nonfiction for adults and children. Alice and Marc are also bestselling media tie-in writers who have penned properties for Lucasfilm, NBC, Fox, Disney, Imagine, and MGM. They live and work in New York City, where they write independently and together.
Praise for the Coffeehouse Mysteries
“A delicious mystery!”—Woman’s World
“Fun and gripping.”—Huffington Post
“Mix[es] clever and intricate plots with a regular cast of characters who become more enjoyable with every episode.”—Booklist
“Among the best of the foodie/cozy mystery genre.”—Fresh Fiction
“Clare and company are some of the most vibrant characters I’ve ever read.”—Mystery Scene