Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the An Isaac Bell Adventure series.
- #1: The Chase (An Isaac Bell Adventure #1) (Abridged / CD-Audio): $14.99
- #2: The Wrecker (An Isaac Bell Adventure #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: The Spy (An Isaac Bell Adventure #3) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #4: The Race (An Isaac Bell Adventure #4) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #5: The Thief (An Isaac Bell Adventure #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: The Striker (An Isaac Bell Adventure #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Assassin (An Isaac Bell Adventure #8) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #9: The Gangster (An Isaac Bell Adventure #9) (Paperback): $11.69
- #10: The Cutthroat (An Isaac Bell Adventure #10) (Paperback): $11.69
- #11: The Titanic Secret (An Isaac Bell Adventure #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: The Saboteurs (An Isaac Bell Adventure #12) (Large Print / Paperback): $31.00
Detective Isaac Bell is on the hunt for justice in this extraordinary adventure in the #1 New York Times bestselling series.
It is 1921, and Prohibition is in full swing—even as millions still imbibe and ruthless criminals get rich overnight by selling them booze. Cops, Feds, and Coast Guardsmen are all susceptible to bribery. But when Bell’s boss and lifelong friend Joseph Van Dorn is shot and near-fatally wounded while chasing bootleggers, he enters the fray.
Bell promises Van Dorn that he will try to save the detective agency from the corrupting effects of Prohibition. But when the first witness to Van Dorn’s shooting is executed in a ruthlessly efficient manner invented by the CHEKA, the Russian Communist secret police, Bell finds himself combating men far more deadly than ordinary criminals. And he’s about to fight a one-man war…
About the Author
CLIVE CUSSLER is the author or coauthor of more than fifty previous books in five bestselling series, including Dirk Pitt®, NUMA® Files, Oregon® Files, Isaac Bell, and Fargo.His most recent New York Times bestselling novels are The Eye of Heaven, Mirage, and Ghost Ship. His nonfiction works include Built for Adventure: The Classic Automobiles of Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt, plus The Sea Hunters, and The Sea Hunters II; the latter two describe the true adventures of the real NUMA®, which, led by Cussler, searches for lost ships of historic significance. With his crew of volunteers, Cussler has discovered more than sixty ships, including the long-lost Confederate submarine Hunley. He lives in Colorado.
JUSTIN SCOTT’s novels include The Shipkiller and Normandie Triangle; the Ben Abbott detective series; and five modern sea thrillers published under his pen name Paul Garrison. The coauthor with Clive Cussler of four previous Isaac Bell novels, he lives in Connecticut.
“Another wonderful page-turner.”—Library Journal (starred review)
“The Isaac Bell series continues to tell compelling stories.”—The Associated Press
“Another fine entry in a strong series. Cussler is a perennial A-lister, popularity-wise, and his Isaac Bell novels are the pick of his prodigious litter.”—Booklist
“[A] laudable historical action novel.”—Publishers Weekly