Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the An Isaac Bell Adventure series.
- #1: The Chase (An Isaac Bell Adventure #1) (Abridged / CD-Audio): $14.99
- #2: The Wrecker (An Isaac Bell Adventure #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: The Spy (An Isaac Bell Adventure #3) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #5: The Thief (An Isaac Bell Adventure #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: The Striker (An Isaac Bell Adventure #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: The Bootlegger (An Isaac Bell Adventure #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Assassin (An Isaac Bell Adventure #8) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #9: The Gangster (An Isaac Bell Adventure #9) (Paperback): $11.69
- #10: The Cutthroat (An Isaac Bell Adventure #10) (Paperback): $11.69
- #11: The Titanic Secret (An Isaac Bell Adventure #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: The Saboteurs (An Isaac Bell Adventure #12) (Large Print / Paperback): $31.00
20th century detective Isaac Bell protects a promising aviator from her jealous husband in this remarkable adventure from #1 New York Times-bestselling author Clive Cussler.
It is 1910, the age of flying machines is still in its infancy, and newspaper publisher Preston Whiteway is offering $50,000 for the first daring aviator to cross America in less than fifty days. He is even sponsoring one of the prime candidates-an intrepid woman named Josephine Frost-and that's where Bell, chief investigator for the Van Dorn Detective Agency, comes in.
Frost's violent-tempered husband has just killed her lover and tried to kill her, and he is bound to make another attempt. Bell has tangled with Harry Frost before; he knows that the man has made his millions leading gangs of thieves, murderers, and thugs in every city across the country. He also knows Frost won’t be after just his wife, but after Whiteway as well. And if Bell takes the case . . . Frost will be after him, too.
About the Author
Clive Cussler is the author of more than fifty books in five bestselling series, including Dirk Pitt, NUMA Files, Oregon Files, Isaac Bell, and Fargo. His life nearly parallels that of his hero Dirk Pitt. Whether searching for lost aircraft or leading expeditions to find famous shipwrecks, he and his NUMA crew of volunteers have discovered more than seventy-five lost ships of historic significance, including the long-lost Confederate submarine Hunley, which was raised in 2000 with much press publicity. Like Pitt, Cussler collects classic automobiles. His collection features more than eighty examples of custom coachwork. Cussler lives in Arizona and Colorado.
Justin Scott is the author of thirty-one novels, including The Shipkiller and Normandie Triangle; the Ben Abbott detective series; six thrillers under his pen name Paul Garrison; and his coauthorship with Cussler of The Wrecker, The Spy,The Race, The Thief, The Striker, The Bootlegger, The Assassin, The Gangster, and The Cutthroat. Scott lives in Connecticut.
“Bell just keeps getting more interesting. Cussler is turning out some of his best work.” —Booklist