Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the An Isaac Bell Adventure series.
- #1: The Chase (An Isaac Bell Adventure #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: The Wrecker (An Isaac Bell Adventure #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: The Race (An Isaac Bell Adventure #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Thief (An Isaac Bell Adventure #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: The Striker (An Isaac Bell Adventure #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: The Bootlegger (An Isaac Bell Adventure #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Assassin (An Isaac Bell Adventure #8) (Paperback): $11.69
- #9: The Gangster (An Isaac Bell Adventure #9) (Paperback): $11.69
- #10: The Cutthroat (An Isaac Bell Adventure #10) (Paperback): $11.69
- #11: The Titanic Secret (An Isaac Bell Adventure #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: The Saboteurs (An Isaac Bell Adventure #12) (Paperback): $9.99
Twentieth century detective Isaac Bell takes on the world of warfare when America’s naval research and development experts begin to die one by one in this #1 New York Times-bestselling historical action adventure.
1908 marks a year of ever-escalating international tension as the world plunges toward war. And with America on the brink, it comes as a devastating blow to learn of the apparent suicide of one of the United States’ most brilliant battleship-gun designers. The death becomes a media sensation, and the man’s grief-stricken daughter turns to the legendary Van Dorn Detective Agency to clear her father’s name. Van Dorn puts his chief investigator on the case, and Isaac Bell soon sees that the clues point not to suicide, but to murder. As Bell notices more suspicious deaths among the nation’s sharpest technological minds, he begins to suspect the work of an elusive spy somehow connected to a top-secret project called Hull 44.
But that is just the beginning. As the intrigue deepens, Bell will find himself pitted against German, Japanese, and British spies, in a mission that encompasses dreadnought battleships, Teddy Roosevelt’s Great White Fleet, Chinatown, Hell’s Kitchen, and the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Isaac Bell has certainly faced perilous situations before, but this time it is more than the future of his country that’s at stake—it’s the fate of the world.
About the Author
Clive Cussler is the author of more than fifty books in five bestselling series, including Dirk Pitt, NUMA Files, Oregon Files, Isaac Bell, and Fargo. His life nearly parallels that of his hero Dirk Pitt. Whether searching for lost aircraft or leading expeditions to find famous shipwrecks, he and his NUMA crew of volunteers have discovered more than seventy-five lost ships of historic significance, including the long-lost Confederate submarine Hunley, which was raised in 2000 with much press publicity. Like Pitt, Cussler collects classic automobiles. His collection features more than eighty examples of custom coachwork. Cussler lives in Arizona and Colorado.
Justin Scott is the author of thirty-one novels, including The Shipkiller and Normandie Triangle; the Ben Abbott detective series; six thrillers under his pen name Paul Garrison; and his coauthorship with Cussler of The Wrecker, The Spy, The Race, The Thief, The Striker, The Bootlegger, The Assassin,The Gangster, and The Cutthroat. Scott lives in Connecticut.