Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the A Virgil Flowers Novel series.
- #1: Dark of the Moon (A Virgil Flowers Novel #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Rough Country (A Virgil Flowers Novel #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Bad Blood (A Virgil Flowers Novel #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Shock Wave (A Virgil Flowers Novel #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Mad River (A Virgil Flowers Novel #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: Storm Front (A Virgil Flowers Novel #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: Deadline: A Virgil Flowers Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: Escape Clause (A Virgil Flowers Novel #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: Deep Freeze (A Virgil Flowers Novel #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: Holy Ghost (A Virgil Flowers Novel #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Bloody Genius (A Virgil Flowers Novel #12) (Paperback): $9.99
Virgil Flowers hunts a killer responsible for a strange string of murders in this thriller from #1 New York Times bestselling author John Sandford.
On a hot, humid summer night in Minnesota, Virgil Flowers gets a call from Lucas Davenport. A body has been found near a veterans’ memorial in Stillwater with two shots to the head and a lemon in his mouth—exactly like the body they found two weeks ago.
Working the murders, Flowers becomes convinced that someone is keeping a list—with many more names on it. And when he discovers what connects them all, he’s almost sorry. Because if it’s true, then this whole thing leads down a lot more trails than he thought it did—and every one of them is booby-trapped.
About the Author
John Sandford is the pseudonym for the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist John Camp. He is the author of the Prey novels, the Kidd novels, the Virgil Flowers novels, and six other books, including three YA novels co-authored with his wife Michele Cook.
Praise for Heat Lightning
“Sandford returns to Flowers (and more than just a bit of Davenport, too) in Heat Lightning, and the ride’s another wild one.”—Richmond Times-Dispatch
“Features a colorful protagonist quite distinct from Davenport, and contains the usual snappy dialogue and suspenseful action.”—The Tennessean
“A fun, breezy read.”—The Post and Courier
“[A] fast-paced thriller...Flowers is a disarming and sometimes charming investigator. This book will appeal to readers of Sandford’s Prey series as well as fans of adventures like those by Lee Child.”—Library Journal
“Solid...Most readers will enjoy spending time in the company of the genial Flowers.”—Publishers Weekly
“The very last surprise...is a honey.”—Kirkus Reviews