Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the A Coffeehouse Mystery series.
- #3: Latte Trouble (A Coffeehouse Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $9.35
- #10: Murder by Mocha (A Coffeehouse Mystery #10) (Mass Market): $9.35
- #13: Billionaire Blend (A Coffeehouse Mystery #13) (Mass Market): $9.35
- #14: Once Upon a Grind (A Coffeehouse Mystery #14) (Mass Market): $9.35
- #15: Dead to the Last Drop (A Coffeehouse Mystery #15) (Hardcover): $31.53
- #16: Dead Cold Brew (A Coffeehouse Mystery #16) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #17: Shot in the Dark (A Coffeehouse Mystery #17) (Hardcover): $27.00
- #18: Brewed Awakening (A Coffeehouse Mystery #18) (Hardcover): $27.00
The first charming mystery in the New York Times bestselling Coffeehouse Mystery series—where caffeine and crime are always brewing...
Clare Cosi used to manage New York City’s historic Village Blend coffeehouse, until she opted for quieter pastures and a more suburban life. But after ten years away she’s back in action and back to the grind, serving up steaming hot caffeine one cup at a time.
With a sprawling rent-free apartment directly above the coffeehouse, her cat Java by her side, and plenty of redecorating ideas, Clare is thrilled to return to work—until she discovers the assistant manager dead in the back of the store, coffee grounds strewn everywhere.
NYPD Detective Mike Quinn finds no sign of forced entry or foul play and deems the whole thing an accident. But despite the attractive investigator’s certainty, Clare isn’t convinced. Now, if she wants to get to the bottom of things she’ll have to do some sleuthing of her own—before anyone else ends up in hot water...
Includes recipes and coffee-making tips!
About the Author
CLEO COYLE is a pseudonym for Alice Alfonsi, writing in collaboration with her husband, Marc Cerasini. Both are New York Times bestselling authors of The Coffeehouse Mysteries, now celebrating over ten years in print. Alice and Marc are also bestselling media tie-in writers who have penned properties for Lucasfilm, NBC, Fox, Disney, Imagine, and MGM. They live and work in New York City, where they write independently and together, including the nationally bestselling Haunted Bookshop Mysteries.
Praise for the Coffeehouse Mysteries
“A delicious mystery!”—Woman’s World
“Fun and gripping.”—Huffington Post
“Mix[es] clever and intricate plots with a regular cast of characters who become more enjoyable with every episode.”—Booklist
“Among the best of the foodie/cozy mystery genre.”—Fresh Fiction
“Clare and company are some of the most vibrant characters I’ve ever read.”—Mystery Scene