Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Governess Brides Series series.
- #1: That Scandalous Evening: The Governess Brides (Governess Brides Series #1) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #2: Rules of Surrender: The Governess Brides (Governess Brides Series #2) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #4: Rules of Attraction: The Governess Brides (Governess Brides Series #4) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #5: In My Wildest Dreams: Governess Brides #5 (Governess Brides Series #5) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #6: Lost in Your Arms: Governess Brides #6 (Governess Brides Series #6) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #7: My Favorite Bride: Governess Brides #7 (Governess Brides Series #7) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #8: In Bed with the Duke (Governess Brides Series #8) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #9: Taken by the Prince (Governess Brides Series #9) (Mass Market): $7.99
The Rules of Engagement
Choose a bride from this year’s debutantes.
Decide on a proper settlement.
Send an announcement to The Times.
Inform the bride of her good fortune.
Rules of Respectability
Devon Mathewes, earl of Kerrich, finds his income and family name imperiled by his notorious reputation. So he demands three things. A sensible governess who will not wish to visit his bed—he can’t be bothered to make love to every woman who wants him. An orphan he can adopt and seem to care for—his apparent kindness will cover him with respectability. And that his life not be unduly altered—the child and the governess should better his character without his participation.
As a condition of accepting the governess position, Miss Pamela Lockhart has rules of her own. Devon must at all times behave with propriety. She must be allowed to choose a suitable orphan. Most important, Devon must vow to never ever delve into Pamela’s past or appearance lest he discover the deepest secrets of her heart.
Of course, rules are made to be broken . . .
About the Author
New York Times bestselling author CHRISTINA DODD builds worlds filled with suspense, romance, and adventure, and creates the most distinctive characters in fiction today. Her fifty novels have been translated into twenty-five languages, featured by Doubleday Book Club, recorded on Books on Tape for the Blind, won Romance Writers of America’s Golden Heart and RITA Awards, and been called the year's best by Library Journal. Dodd herself has been a clue in the Los Angeles Times crossword puzzle.